Senior Product Manager – Technical (AWS)
Vancouver, British Columbia, CAN
Do you enjoy solving real-world problems with emerging technologies? Are you driven to help customers solve their problems and take advantage of new opportunities? If you share our passion for the challenges of big , building cutting edge technologies, developing applications that are easy to use and reliable, and forging the path on how serverless development is done in the , then we may just have a role for you.
We're building a new service and looking for a founding PM leader to define the features and roadmap. It’s an opportunity for you to personally change the way customers approach software development in the cloud.
The product manager will:
· Perform market segmentation and ensure that our product is targeted at the most attractive market segments.
· Determine the content of an initial release our customers will love.
· Build a roadmap and define features that delight our customers, drive adoption, and increase utilization of our services.
· Develop positioning and messaging; perform outbound marketing and launch activities in collaboration with product marketing.
· Partner with internal teams to ensure that our new product leverages the best of .
· Own the strategy to drive growth in existing and new market segments.
· Report to senior leadership on the state of the business.
This PM role is on the more technical end of the spectrum. Our customers are developers and our product lives in the back-end of their complex architectures. A successful PM will need to be able to credibly communicate value to this audience.
· 5+ years of Product Management experience in a technical environment
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, including experience communicating to executives.
· Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
· Able to dive deeply into technical details (e.g., key dependencies, choices, operability, etc.) and drive constructive discussions with engineers.
· Can explain a particular technology (its benefits and challenges) to engineers and articulate customer pain points from a technical perspective.
· General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and confirmed ability to influence others
Preferred Qualifications· MBA other advanced degree
· Experience delivering software products and features using Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies in a DevOps environment
· Prior experience managing technical products or online services, including proficiency with web services, online technology, and compute services
· Experience with enterprise software and customers
Job tags: AWS Engineering Kanban Product management Scrum