Head of Product Marketing (6 month FTC)
London, England, United Kingdom
We’re hiring for a Head of Product Marketing to join our Digital team. This will initially be on a 6 month fixed term contract but there is a possibility this could be extended. Reporting into the Digital Marketing Director, you’ll have the opportunity to lead on the product marketing strategy for our personal and business bank in order to drive growth. This is a pivotal role within the business, where you’ll work closely with the Product, Engineering and Data teams on the launch of new products and features. You’ll also collaborate with channel owners across the Marketing team and our Creative Studio on the positioning, messaging and always-on promotion of our range of products. You'll have a strong blend of digital marketing, marketing analytics, audience insights, business development and operations experience with a track record of delivering measurable, profitable growth.
- Develop and execute the product marketing strategy, based on data analytics.
- Produce the marketing and communications strategy for the launch and always-on promotion of our products, services and features for both business and personal.
- Ensure the marketing approach always puts the customer first and aligns with brand values, whilst balancing the need to drive growth and optimising revenue generation.
- Work closely with marketing specialists to; build integrated multi-channel marketing plans, brief in activity, manage sign-offs and coordinate execution.
- Collaborate with the creative, website and app teams on the positioning, messaging and user experience for our products and services. Ensure there is consistency across channels and that we stand out from the competition.
- Develop a customer-centric approach to product marketing. Utilise audience insight, marketing analytics and initiate research to inform and optimise strategy.
- Act as the main point of contact within marketing responsible for our go-to-market strategy. Work closely with Product, Engineering and Data teams to deliver growth.
- Be comfortable with working at pace and in an agile environment, to adapt to business priorities and the rate of product developments.
- Champion new ideas to drive growth and achieve profitability. Look for ways to continually improve our approach to product marketing.
- Represent marketing in the SME governance workstream, involving regular reporting and managing the timesheets for the marketing department.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and developments in marketing.
- Proven achievements driving customer growth, revenue and marketing performance.
- A strategic and creative thinker who is able to make rapid, data-driven decisions and develop marketing strategy within a fast-paced, high-growth business.
- 8+ years marketing experience, with hands-on experience across a breadth of marketing channels. In particular, digital marketing and 1-to-1 marketing.
- Solid understanding of customer insight, marketing analytics, incremental measurement, forecasting results, designing effective experiments, KPIs and ROI.
- A passion for innovation and sector experience in Tech / Financial Services. The ability to work well with people that have a strong engineering and data background.
- Line management experience and/or are confident with the matrix management of a large team for product marketing launches and workstream projects.
- A proven team player, collaborative, straightforward and flexible, with superior communication skills and assertiveness.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability. Comfortable with agile working, getting hands-on to ‘think, make and do’ and achieve results.
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed 1.5 million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £3 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ over 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.