Senior Product Designer, Boomr
Boomr, a Justworks subsidiary, is seeking an experienced product designer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you will champion design and lead the design process on your cross-functional team of a Product Manager and Engineers to evolve our existing product suite, and innovate new features.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers’ needs. You are a versatile designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows and also dives into the interactions and visual details. You advocate sharing early and often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate pushes their clean design sense, is a seasoned systems-level thinker, and is constantly pushing to mold complex, dry experiences into simple, delightful ones.
Boomr is trusted by businesses across the country to manage their most valuable asset: employee time. Our mobile and web solutions enable workforces around the globe to operate with greater accountability and efficiency by monitoring and automating employee work hours, project tracking, and overall organizational performance.
We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, interested in building something meaningful, and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Define—Collaborate with product managers to identify and define product opportunities.
- Collect—Run research sessions with customers and support teams to become expert in customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Analyze—Facilitate brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, and other departments to address the needs of our customers.
- Develop—Decipher complexity into delightful, user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and visually refining designs.
- Evaluate—Support design decisions with intuition, data, testing internally, and leading user testing sessions with customers.
- Implement—Collaborate with engineers to refine all use cases, contribute to the design system, and ship quality products.
- Iterate—Leverage feedback, data, and your intuition to iterate on the designs.
- Collaborate—While you will be on a cross-functional team, you will report to a product design manager and are expected to be vocal in design team reviews, share inspirational resources, and aid in brainstorms.
- Contribute—Push our internal design process and design system with consistency and efficiency in mind.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience designing web-based applications.
- You have a portfolio that shows us your process, a user-centered approach, and the results.
- You’re seasoned in designing web-based applications with a focus on tools or workflows.
- You're a problem solver and are able to communicate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You have a dedication for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, and usability heuristics.
- You know your work can always be better and seek feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers.
- You're humble, thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- You’re a pro in design tools (like Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc).
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.