UI/UX Designer -IBM Security
Dublin, Dublin, IE
IBM Security is looking for UX/UI designer who has a love for making technical solutions beautiful. You'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for thousands of people worldwide—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with a cross-functional team of User Researchers, Engineers, and Offering Managers throughout the product life cycle from creating user flows and wire frames to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In the role of a UX/UI Designer you will have a solid understanding of user experience design principles with the ability to address complex design problems and provide sound design solutions.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- You will collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and product managers to drive a shared understanding of the user needs and behaviors.
- You will have a solid foundation in typography, layout and visual design principles.
- You will engage in research activities, and translate insights into outstanding user experiences, steward design from concept to final code.
- You will be responsible for the creation of key experience artifacts such as concept maps, story boards, taxonomies, prototypes, patterns, information architecture, work flows, and design specifications.
- You will have the opportunity to work with other designers in Security to ensure consistency through the adoption of our patterns and work flows.
- You will advocate for and facilitate Enterprise Design Thinking in everyday work.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
You will be successful in this role if you have the following:
- Web Design experience with a focus on User Interface or related field.
- Experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mockups and prototypes (low-and high-fidelity) and documenting. interaction patterns for product UI.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Excellent written, verbal communications, storytelling, and documentation skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly growing environment.
- Sharp, clean visual design sense.
- Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design, layout & composition, and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents.
- Experience using agile principles towards the delivery of a product.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical background.
- Experience designing enterprise applications.
- Experience creating clickable prototypes (Flinto or Invision).
- Experience with user research.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture CSS Design thinking Experience design Flinto HTML Interface design InVision Prototypes Research Usability testing User experience User flows User research Visual design Web design