Senior Product Manager, Dispatch
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader for the Transportation Dispatch function, to build and run technologies for customer delivery and supplier pick-up visibility and management.
You will work closely with Operations, Design and Engineering to identify, define and develop solutions including: providing real time visibility into fleet location and status, surfacing exceptions that arise during execution, and managing next steps on an exception until resolution.
You will drive product prioritization, requirement design, product development and execution with Engineering, and lead post-deployment support. The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated and thrive in a constantly-evolving business environment.
This role offers the opportunity to make business-critical decisions and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions. This is a tremendous opportunity for a customer-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for transportation technology to support the ecosystem of Suppliers, Carriers and Wayfair assets in the ecommerce industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Build technology solutions for the multiple user groups and workflows within the Transportation Dispatch function
- Work with the design team to investigate end user needs and translate workflow problems into tech solutions
- Define and leverage data to understand risks, impact, and priority of our business objectives
- Leverage the same data-centered mindset to monitor the performance of initiatives post release, and use the results to drive iterations and improvements in the product
- Develop and maintain a technology platform roadmap based on user feedback and changing business objectives and regularly update key partners and stakeholders
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of the Transportation Dispatch product space and technology platform
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of product management experience in an agile development environment, ideally with exposure to a relevant product area
- 3+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing technology teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture
- Obsession for building seamless and engaging user experiences that drive highly impactful process improvements
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience for hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Ability to manage through ambiguity to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in building products for a function in supply chain, logistics or warehousing a plus
Who We Are
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.