Product Manager - Ocado Solutions
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, we call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines or our highly optimized supply chain & forecasting systems.
Reporting to Head of Product, you will be responsible for developing the product strategy and vision to support the growth of the Ocado Smart Platform worldwide. This includes defining the vision for a product area within the overall platform, launching and iterate this product and work closely with our engineering and other product areas to define the right structure to support our products. You will also be responsible for keeping a close ear to the market and wording closely with the Product Marketing function to produce a marketing strategy.
The core responsibilities for the Product Management role include:
Vision: Define the Vision
- To define and own the vision for the specific product area (E-Commerce/Supply Chain/Fulfillment/API & Data/Final Mile) within the overall platform.
Market Knowledge: Be knowledgeable about the Product needs
- To keep engaged with market developments in the specific product area, and become a subject matter expert within it, by attending various conferences and meetings.
- To understand the customer (B2B users of the Ocado Smart Platform) as well as their customers (shoppers) needs and gather product requirements.
- Be the voice of the market within that product area and augment the Ocado Solutions concepts and objectives with market research and competitor analysis.
Product Capability Roadmap: Define, Launch and Iterate
- Work interactively with the broader Solutions and our partners in Technology to define, create, document and vocalise clear and tangible business objectives.
- Responsible for confirming when capabilities are ready to be launched to clients.
- Accountable for client Product launch.
- Along with Product Marketing also responsible for market intelligence
- Validate capability roadmap with internal and external stakeholders and the market need.
Product Strategy: Idealise the vision
- Own the product strategy and capability roadmap for the end to end platform (with a focus on particular area)
- Identify new market / product opportunities
Collaboration: Proactive, Cross-functional, Iteration
- Work with Ocado Solutions customers, and our partners in Technology to understand their business challenges and requirements (legal and operational) to help form and or validate our mission.
- Lead all client interactions, facilitating them where necessary for other Ocado teams.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of Product Management
- Domaine expertise in e-commerce or collections (Click & Collect) desirable
- An awareness & understanding of global emerging trends
- Demonstrable creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership and proactive can-do attitude
- Data analysis and good data-driven decision-making skills
- Loves collaborating and working in a matrix environment
- Ability to build trusting relationships with others, even when they do not agree
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organisation
- Has achieved stretching goals against the odds
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Internationally/Global experience prefered
- Hands-on experience in retail technologies and systems
- Attention to detail, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.