Director of Growth Marketing
Remote - EMEA
About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for a Director of Growth Marketing to turbocharge our product funnel through innovations in on-demand customer acquisition and engagement, and to build and lead a new Growth Marketing team of specialists that will be essential to our product-led growth.
The Growth Marketing team will take an entrepreneurial, data-driven approach to discovering and delivering on opportunities to create new pipeline and revenue pathways for the Contentful product. The scope of those activities will span all Contentful digital touchpoints, from acquisition campaigns to the marketing website, and engagement within the Contentful product. Success will manifest in a tightly aligned prospect and customer experience, employing innovative marketing tactics aimed at maximizing new revenue acquisition and expansion.
Working with the broader Marketing and Demand Generation teams, and in close collaboration with our Product and Data teams, your emphasis will be on opportunistic revenue generation, data analysis and tracking, optimization activities, experimentation, and business case development.
What to expect?
As a leader with deep product-led growth experience, your role will include but not be limited to:
- Understanding the lifecycle of Contentful customers and identifying opportunities for growth and optimization
- Devising and executing engagement, upsell, cross-sell and education experiments and campaigns across digital touchpoints, including in-product.
- Investigating and testing new channels to communicate with our existing free and on-demand customers.
- Partnering with our Data team to measure the impact of each campaign, and developing ways to scale.
- Working cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, analytics and creative departments to meet ambitious growth targets.
- Building and managing a high-performing team composed of Program Manager, Data Analyst and Growth Campaign Manager roles for execution.
- Preparing and presenting recommendations, reports and findings from experimental data up to the executive level
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years experience in an acquisition-focused marketing role, preferably focused on B2B SaaS product-led growth, and 2+ years of experience managing a team.
- An understanding of the full funnel and an ability to drive growth through a blend of product improvements and marketing initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of different types of customer acquisition channels, including paid and owned media as well as earned media.
- Experience and working knowledge of designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests.
- Strong optimization instincts, product savvy, and an analytical mindset for driving engagement, conversion and growth in a SaaS context.
- Solid project management skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward.
- A strong growth track record, with samples and results of past experiments and campaigns.
- Proficiency with various analytics platforms.
- Outstanding written, oral and organizational ability.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in tech
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.