Senior Product Manager, Inventory & Procurement
San Francisco, California, United States
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 800 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
About the Team
As the Product owner for our Inventory and Procurement team, you will work with our data scientists, engineers, designers and operation leaders on initiatives such as optimizing our procurement automation, reducing fulfillment cost and closing open loops. You’ll also be responsible for owning our Gross Margin KPI, which is an extremely prioritized focus area for our wider company right now and for the foreseeable future.
Accelerate your Career as You:
- Lead our inventory and procurement, automation, demand and supply predictions and lead the development and implementation of progressive procurement strategies across multiple warehouses
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for building the capabilities of a best-in-class supply chain organization
- Be responsible for developing and building strong partnerships and operational performance to meet growing transportation and warehousing needs, while unlocking opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Leading project teams from concept to execution to launch--and make the time for follow-up. This includes defining the project scope/hypothesis, goal and metrics, timeline, and leading the impact analysis to inform future product improvements and investments.
- Deeply understand users’ pain points (e.g. patients, providers, care specialists) and Alto’s business goals, in order to prioritize product investments to drive highest impact. This includes conducting user research, competitive analysis, and soliciting product feedback
A Bit About You:
- Are deeply passionate about solving real user problems with creative and delightful solutions
- Love breaking down complex problems, thinking strategically, and making data-driven decisions
- Drive results through impeccable organization and ruthless prioritization
- Enjoy collaborating and influencing across different cross-functional teams
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You're unafraid to dive into an unfamiliar problem but humble enough to make mistakes and iterate
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embody our company values
- 3-5+ years experience in product management, with prior experience working on supply chain, logistics, inventory & procurement, or catalog management
- Proven track record of successful product launches, distilling complex requirements into simple workflows
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and experience collaborating cross functionally with stakeholders and other partners
- Technical background, MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
- Startup and entrepreneurial experience preferred
- Experience building products in the area of healthcare, health, or e-commerce preferred
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.