San Francisco, California, United States
Healthcare is complicated, but it doesn't have to be. Alto is a modern pharmacy transforming the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven experience. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions - but more importantly, we aim to be health care partners to our patients by offering cost transparency, personalized support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date and surpassed 700 employees across six locations. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a safe, seamless, and delightful pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere.
About the Team
As a Product Designer at Alto Pharmacy, you’ll be responsible for crafting a set of products that underpin Alto’s ability to provide an unmatched level of pharmacy service at scale. You’ll join a team of passionate designers dedicated to building world-class patient and provider experiences, as well as tools and systems that help our pharmacists provide the best patient case possible, and we're looking for designers across all areas of the product as we continue to scale.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Take ambiguous, broad problems and turn them into delightful solutions that will greatly impact our users.
- Drive the end-to-end development process: from early research, to uncovering opportunities, to validating hypotheses through constant iteration and experimentation
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and leadership team.
- Employ your full stack of design skills (e.g. interaction, visual, prototyping) to develop and advocate for experiences people love
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and researchers to deliver timely solutions that meet the project goals
- Impact other designers around you through mentoring, feedback and leadership
- Evangelize best design practices and find opportunities to elevate confidence in research and design across the larger company
A bit about you:
- 7-10 years of professional experience designing user-friendly experiences for web, desktop and mobile and are fluent in the latest product design trends, tools and technologies cross platform
- You're creative, curious, and problem solver who loves to detangle complexity
- Feel at home either working with consumer apps or complex internal tools
- You love fast-paced environments and have a bias towards shipping and learning, rather than pursuing perfection
- Experience leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment and partnering with user research and data analytics teams to translate insights to inform solutions
- You don’t just design solutions in a silo – you constantly think about the impact of your ideas on the rest of the product ecosystem and the business
- You love reconciling business goals with user goals into delightful experiences
- Passionate about and able to leverage prototyping to develop more convincing solutions
- You love to tell a compelling story both verbally and through visuals
- Ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
In order for your application to be considered, we require a portfolio or case studies demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; application of interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows; expertise in wielding information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography. Please supply a link to your portfolio with your application.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.