Senior Product Owner
Hanover, MD or Remote USA
Dragos has an opportunity for a Senior Product Owner to join our dynamic and talented engineering team. And, if you love developing requirements and working with stakeholders in a technical realm, here is the role. You should be very oriented around the details with the ability to absorb the information and help development teams build! The expertise you bring to the table will be crucial in aligning the product vision in an executable way. Gathering technical requirements and prioritizing them while understanding the tradeoffs is what this role is about.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Architects, and other subject matter experts on the team to transition the business requirements to technical requirements.
- Participate in interactions with analysts and customers as a technical expert for product components.
- Provide and be active in backlog management, iteration planning, and elaborate user stories with technical knowledge to facilitate quality/delivery.
- Develop clear user stories with excellent acceptance criteria and a full understanding of the organization's dependencies while accepting a story is "done."
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and initiatives to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value aligned with product strategy.
- Understand the platform's unique business needs/value and the ROI from the different component teams/feature teams.
- Anticipate needs & drive innovation in both business needs and technology options.
- Passion for solving complex business problems with elegant technology.
- Be ready to report on projects/features formally and on-the-fly.
- Ruthless team collaborator, ready to give and receive constructive feedback.
- 5+ years’ experience owning component and/or feature team backlogs.
- 3+ years’ experience acting as a business analyst for a development team.
- Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset.
- Established background in building products with a high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles.
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Past development expertise in building full-stack software as a service (Saas).
- Familiarity with a stack like: Python; Flask; Django; AngularJS, React, MariaDB; Celery with RabbitMQ; Docker; AWS.
- Understanding of cybersecurity products and/or enterprise product development with complex systems.
Job tags: AWS Docker Engineering Product management Python React User stories