Senior Product Designer
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers exclusive content and community experiences for creators with established followings. Patreon provides creators with the insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing Dublin team.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
What you will do:
- Own the Payments and Risk experience across Patreon
- Lead the visioning, sequencing, tactics, and execution of payment setup, collection, and reporting for both creators and patrons, along with initiatives that mitigate content violations on the platform. Revamp complex flows that will meaningfully help creators fund their art.
- Understand the psychology and needs of creators and patrons
- Guide teams towards execution excellence through discovery, research, experimentation, feature launches, phasing, and long-term planning
- Significantly drive the product roadmap
- Lead and improve our collaborative design process, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientists, marketing managers, and creator-facing teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Passion for tackling complex problems across numerous use cases
- Strong systems design thinking where each detail serves the overall experience
- Evidence of impactful minimalism: simplifying complex systems into coherent basics, and consumer-principles to business products
- Planning and phasing chops that drive incremental value towards long-term vision
- Visual design excellence and meticulous attention to craft
- Agility in utilising a variety of discovery, research, and validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes
- Curiosity about the nuances of metrics (business, data science, research) and uncovering the “Why” behind the numbers
- Mastery of design tools & outputs: Figma, design systems, responsive design, native mobile (Android, iOS)
- Passionate advocacy for users
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way art is made. Let’s move!
Projects you may work on:
- Checkout innovation
- Assistive and predictive reporting
- Real-time content detection
- Anti-money laundering tactics
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The ins and outs of creative workflows around the world
- How to change the way art is funded and creative businesses are managed
- Designing for impact (we’re a small team with outsized impact on millions of users)
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviours:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here. If you identify with a traditionally underrepresented group of individuals in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply!