About the opportunity
Contentful is deeply curious about our Customer’s pain points and goals. We’re looking for an experienced researcher who can help our teams to continue to build exactly the right solutions for our customers. This position will report to a Research Manager and be responsible for leading research initiatives supporting a variety of teams, by bringing and organizing knowledge in alignment with our Product strategy.
Contentful is a customer-centric product company that’s passionate and opinionated about content management and delivery within digital teams. Help us understand our customers even better as we grow by nurturing insights about our customers!
What to expect?
- Lead research initiatives by conducting interviews, crafting surveys, to optimize how we capture the right level of understanding about customer problems
- Summarize relevant research insights, complete these with data analytics, and collaborate with teams to make them actionable and influence the decisions made on Product initiatives
- Support a common research practice by contributing to the company-wide taxonomy for grouping customers and their needs, goals, and problems-to-solve
- Partner with Design Managers and Product Managers to achieve Contentful goals
- Be responsible for multiple work streams
- Communicate openly and frequently to teammates and managers
What you need to be successful?
- Experience designing, analyzing and executing qualitative and quantitative research.
- Strong analytical, project management, and coordination skills.
- Strong communication skills, with a creative and fresh approach to understanding and disseminating insights.
- Experience working concurrently with the Product department
- Deep understanding of research practices and disciplines
- Demonstrated analytical, data mining and reporting skills
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.