Full Stack Engineer, Reporting UX Platform
Seattle or Remote
The Reporting UX Platform team builds backend frameworks and front-end libraries to help other Stripe teams provide beautiful reporting and visualization experiences. Our team’s products are used by tens of thousands of users every week — users as small and nimble as the newest YCombinator batches and as large and established as Fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for new engineers to help make the Stripe dashboard become the preferred platform for users to run their business.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong technical background, including 6+ years of experience building highly used services or systems
- Experience as a generalist working up and down the stack in order to deliver a functional, cohesive experience
- An ability to collaborate in a fast paced environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- A strong sense of visual and experiential design on features and visualizations used by thousands of merchants
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes together even if they have not worked with them before
- Empathy with their users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoyment in working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
You might work on:
- Building and iterating on user facing features used by almost every Stripe merchant
- Improving designs and interfaces that merchants rely on to understand their business
- Architecting internal services and DSLs to be used by product teams
- Scaling and refactoring data infrastructure used by hundreds and thousands of merchants
- Upholding our high engineering standards and raising the bar on the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization such as experts in product, design, infrastructure, and operations
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start global internet businesses.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.