Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries.
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our Design team. At Artsy, we are a collaborative and supportive team of designers that are driven by learning, strong design fundamentals, strategic thinking informed by research, and delivering meaningful value. We strive to create an environment where each elevates the work of the other. Every product designer cross-collaborates across the org to set a collective vision and shape our roadmap.
- Assist in leading the vision for user experience as design leader on cross-functional product teams by—defining product strategy, conduct research and develop a sense for Artsy’s technology stack to create impactful solutions
- Contribute to the evolution of our design system (including consistent, cohesive visual language across all user touchpoints)
- Refine, test and iterate until solutions are elegant in usability and efficient in achieving outcomes
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to identify important product insights and identify opportunities to collect feedback to make informed choices
- Strengthen cross-collaborative relationships between Design and other teams by developing a deep understanding of other disciplines, inviting input and creating visibility into processes and work
- Direct and lead group conversations, presentations and product reviews
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively, build empathy with others, and focus on common goals.
- Strong design fundamentals (typography, composition) and strong visual design sensibility
- Understanding of technology stacks, and designing for different languages while creating optimal user experiences.
- Experience collaborating with designers and engineers on a shared design system, and understands how to scale that system successfully.
- Experience shipping products and iterating towards improvement; while fostering a passionate curiosity to better understand the users.
- Ability to collaborate with product managers to shape roadmaps through strategic decision making and user experience.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with a global marketplace.
- Experience with products that elevate creative work.
Artsy has six core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We are obsessed with art because we believe in its power to move us and change the way we experience the world. Together, we are dedicated to expanding art’s impact on humanity.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We have the courage to be vulnerable, to communicate honestly, and to invite diverse perspectives. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace learning, growth, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both Art and Science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Do the Right Thing, Always: We are building a company and community we can all be proud of. We make decisions with honesty and integrity, even when it’s not convenient. Empathy, respect, and inclusivity are core to our mission.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.