Staff Product Designer, DSM
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Staff Product Designer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
As a Staff Product Designer within our DSM design team, you will play an important role in driving and executing on our efforts to build a platform of tools that make the creation, distribution, governance, and use of a design system seamless and efficient. Working collaboratively with your engineering, product, and design team partners, you will solve problems and deliver world class design solutions that improve our customer conversion, onboarding, activation, and retention. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and industry-leading visual design skills.
What you’ll do:
- Shape the next generation of design system solutions as part of the InVision platform by designing seamless workflows that connect design and code through design systems
- Lead design strategy for new product opportunities, helping drive alignment and roadmap prioritization for new experiences
- Work closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Lead and mentor other designers on the team through ongoing feedback and critique
- Drive design quality by proposing tools, frameworks, and principles that guide quality execution
- Facilitate, lead, challenge, and build consensus among team members and stakeholders
- Build expertise in design systems by engaging in the design system community, evaluating the competitive landscape, and proactively surfacing opportunities to improve our products
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of industry experience in product and visual interface design
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of first rate interaction design and interface work with detailed descriptions of your process, role, and contribution
- Deep understanding of customer empathy to create elegant but practical solutions
- Autonomous mastery of craft: ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the implementation by partnering closely with engineering
- An obsessive interest and knowledge of the product design tools landscape
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working within a cross-functional team in an agile environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.