Senior Director, Product Marketing
Posted 7 months ago
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Are you looking for the chance to lead the Product Marketing team in the fastest growing data platform company in the world? Then look no further.
We are looking for a stellar leader who can lead a multi-disciplined, globally distributed team responsible for driving the adoption and monetization of the MongoDB database. You will own the team to craft product strategy and define GTM programs backed with compelling and differentiated product messages that position MongoDB as the best foundation for the future of data. The team you lead will be responsible for crafting compelling thought leadership themes, messages and GTM programs that position the value of the MongoDB database to a diverse audience – from developers, DBAs, and architects through to senior technical and business decision makers.
You’ll work closely with the executive team to help shape product vision, and collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to define the product roadmap. Your content will be expressed through stories that engage our audiences including the developer community, press and analysts, and senior decision makers.
- Lead and Develop - You will set the vision and strategy for the Product Marketing and Competitive Intelligence team, empowering each member to deliver against company goals and enabling them to develop to their full potential. You will be responsible for growing the team, so attracting and recruiting top talent will be a key focus
- Content & Launch Ownership – Lead cross-functional teams to drive sophisticated launch GTM programs that build awareness, consideration, and drive adoption. Lead the product marketing team to develop value propositions, messages, and positioning that translates product capabilities into outstanding and meaningful business benefits and value that resonate with diverse audiences
- Research and Develop – Analyze customer requirements, the evolving market landscape, and competitive offerings to identify key messages and points of MongoDB differentiation, along with gaps in current offerings. The team will infuse this analysis into product messaging and positioning at launch. Product Management, Engineering, and Executive leadership teams will use this analysis to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Plan and Execute – Collaborate with Marketing, DevRel, and Sales leadership to build the strategic GTM plans that communicate the value of the MongoDB database to multiple audiences
- Evangelize – Engage directly with customers in support of sales cycles. Drive awareness and desire of the MongoDB database by presenting at industry conferences, and assuming the role of spokesperson to the press and analyst community
- Return on Investment – Evaluate the Return on Investment of product marketing activities and develop plans for continuous improvement
- Company revenue performance against goals
- Database adoption and revenue performance through both on-premise deployments and cloud services
- Content efficiency (sales adoption and win/loss metrics, SEO authority, page views, product registrations and downloads, and favorable placement in independent market research)
- Crafting compelling product launches
- Recruiting and retaining top talent
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the data management market, ideally in a product or solutions marketing role, with at least 10 years total validated experience
- Ability to plan strategically and work with the team to execute relentlessly
- Blend strong business and technical acumen to define product marketing plans that will drive business growth. You need a solid knowledge of the data management ecosystem and how it is relevant in a constantly evolving market landscape, especially in digital transformation, cloud computing, and developer practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to lead with a point of view
- Demonstrated success in positioning industry-leading products and solutions, with the creative and analytical horsepower to do so
- A very low ego-to-talent ratio
- MBA/MS degree preferred, but proven experience will be equally considered
- Preferred location North America or Europe
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing an encouraging and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.