Product Analyst - Core Compliance
Product Analyst - Core Compliance
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to join our Core Compliance team to focus on making sure we protect our customers from financial crime in the most effective way. In this role, you will help us define and measure risk and have oversight over compliance teams while having a direct impact on TransferWise’s mission by improving our ability to scale costs and reduce risk as we grow.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
- You will be designing and assisting in the ongoing monitoring of risk appetite based on the team’s metrics.
- You’ll bring insight to our risk metrics by building dashboards and designing visual reports that help the core compliance team self-serve with data.
- You’ll partner with other product teams in the fincrime tribe to help measure our ability to mitigate risks, making sure our existing controls are effective and identify where new ones might need to be added.
- You will be validating and maintaining existing reports, coordinating with analysts on the operational teams to ensure the correct data metrics are being pulled and presented.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as an Analyst – Analysts at TransferWise have a broad remit and skillset. Not only will you have the opportunity to have real customer impact, from analysis to feature engineering, you will also work cross-team with other Analysts to solve company-wide problems and develop new skills.
- Make a difference in the world – You’ll be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
A bit about you:
- You have experience generating actionable insights from data. You know your way around analytics infrastructure: you have worked with data warehouses and data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, PowerBI or Tableau).
- You’re data-driven, with a head for numbers, and you’re highly proficient with SQL and Excel/Google Sheets.
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with cross-discipline teams located across multiple offices. You prioritise your effort based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish.
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into concise and actionable insights, presenting the data in a way that makes people say “got it!”.
- You’re customer-focused at heart: At TransferWise our customers always come first, so being passionate about making a real difference to their lives is key.
- You have some previous experience working with compliance risk.
Some extra skills that are great (but not essential):
- You have a good understanding of statistics (probabilities, distributions, hypothesis testing).
- You’re proficient with Python, able to automate complex processes and construct robust data pipelines.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.