STEM Product Manager (Higher Education)
Remote - Australia
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference in education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We're looking for talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 10 years in the B2B space, and we are searching for an individual who is passionate about creating positive change in the edtech industry.What is the role?
We are looking for a STEM educator with an advanced degree and experience in teaching STEM subjects for Higher Education students to help influence and grow our math scoring capabilities and product offerings.
Reporting to the Director of Product and working closely with the Assessment Custom Product Manager you’ll be involved with a group of stakeholders focussed on our Math product offering, helping to define that product's future and evolution. While also assisting across a broader range of the assessment product.
You will play a key role in developing short and long-term product direction for the math product with internal & external stakeholders by setting product objectives, improving our documentation and helping to deliver on the strategic roadmap as set out by the business.
This is a permanent full-time, remote role open to candidates based in Australia. You will be working very closely with a diverse team based in Sydney, Australia and a remote team in west coast North America. The ideal candidate will be willing to take calls out of standard working hours to accommodate the time zone difference between Australia and North America.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who has experience in studying and teaching mathematics or other STEM-related subjects in a higher education institution, who is interested in moving their career into Product Management. While previous product management experience would be a bonus it is not mandatory for this role, we are looking for transferable skills which would enable a smooth transition into learning the skills required to be a Product Manager.
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to assist with defining the math product roadmap and backlog
- Work closely with the math scoring team to help shape math scoring requirements and support
- Be a champion of lean product development
- Assist in the day to day product management tasks within an assessment team
- Assist in defining the scope of work across different phases of product development projects, ensuring we build, measure and learn
- Collect and measure key product metrics against goals to inform the success of features
- Assist with facilitating sprint planning cycles to determine sprint contents and priorities
- Assist in facilitation of UX research efforts, taking a user-centred approach to generate the right value
- Represent the voice of the math customer, actively engaging and soliciting feedback to validate and negotiate priorities
- Develop deep product knowledge and insight into the broader assessment product
- Work with the development and design teams for the successful delivery of the product roadmap
To be considered, you will need:
- An advanced degree in a STEM discipline (e.g. Math, Math Education, Physics, Chemistry)
- Higher education teaching experience in STEM
- Sound understanding of students’ and educators’ online curriculum needs
- An understanding of Product Management or Product Management experience is desirable, but not required
For those who have not had exposure with Product Management, we are seeking the following transferable skills which would enable a smooth transition.
- A good collaborator who maintains harmonious working relationships with other people and teams
- Positive, respectful and have the ability to build trusting relationships
- Excellent communicator, able to deliver messages in a simple and effective way and tailor to different audiences
- A growth mindset, flexible and open to ongoing learning
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change
- An optimistic role model, projecting a positive and professional image both internally and externally
- The ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Experience in setting direction and following through on it
- Well organised, efficient with sound documentation skills
- Experienced in researching, collating and interpreting data
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- A passion for Educational Technology (EdTech)
- An understanding of web technologies
- Experience working with technical teams
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new methodologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or daycare run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Learnosity's benefits package includes:
- Your own, personal learning budget
- Flexible work practices
- Agile work environment
- Generous paid parental leave
- Team social budgets
- Ample time for slack (games, sports teams, etc)
Learnosity is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce will enhance our ability to fulfil our mission of advancing education and ed-tech in general.