Product Manager, Government
New York, NY or Remote (US Eastern Time)
Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We are backed by some of the best known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few. Udacity has the potential to transform the world at large scale by providing the life-long learners an opportunity to re-skill or upskill them in future bleeding edge skills and create a meaningful impact in professional and personal lives. We are similarly, helping the enterprises solve the talent shortage issue by being their partner of choice in transforming their workforce while they embark on digital transformation journey. If you are inspired to be part of something amazing... read on!
As a Product Manager, you’ll develop the products and tools that support our growing Government business. Udacity for Government is a learning platform and environment that empowers governments globally to provide meaningful positive career outcomes for their citizens. In these government-funded programs Udacity upskills tens of thousands of learners and supports them as they improve their livelihood and their country's global competitiveness. Your role will be to support this business as it rapidly scales by building and extending products that enable these student outcomes. You will work with a global team of passionate individuals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Success in the role will involve establishing and maintaining a business-focused product management process that supports the expansion and growth of Udacity’s government business.
The ideal candidate thrives in a global, dynamic environment, can effectively manage complex projects with customers and internal stakeholders, and is passionate about extending the reach of Udacity’s product to train the world’s workforce.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap that supports the expansion and scalability of Udacity’s global government business
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand the customer experience and document key pain points and opportunities
- Define and develop product requirements and collaborate closely with engineering to develop and release them
- Effectively communicate the roadmap, product features, and release plans to senior leadership and get buy-in
- Drive product launches and collaborate with business team to facilitate awareness and adoption of new features, and capture customer feedback
- Collaborate with Udacity product management team to build a scalable, robust, cross-channel platform that flexibly supports our different lines of business
What We Value:
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager, with experience working on B2B or B2G products
- Demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated projects and deal with competing priorities
- Track record of managing all aspects of the product lifecycle for a successful product
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with close attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence internal and external stakeholders
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- Experience deriving and presenting insights to business leaders
- Ability to have collaborative, technical discussions with engineers and understand technical tradeoffs
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.