Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.We are looking for an experienced product manager to join the SQL team to work on innovative data warehousing related projects. This role is a good fit for someone who is passionate in working on product areas ranging from database features to further evolving Snowflake’s in-product performance capabilities. The ability to advance Snowflake’s core platform capabilities is a critical foundational pillar for a modern and performing Data Cloud.
- Define, evolve, and execute on the product vision for SQL projects with main focus on high concurrency and low latency data applications
- Help driving product capabilities and strategy to ease and automate the end-to-end migration of missing critical SQL workloads (from on-premise or other cloud DW solutions)
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, data / product analysts, technical program managers, engineering, marketing / alliances, sales, support, and professional services.
- Manage programs and structure projects to ensure smooth execution of the product roadmap.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers both on-site and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs.
- Be a technical, strong and eloquent product advocate for our core foundational data warehouse product with regular presentations and talks at internal and external conferences
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with database, SQL concepts and / or distributed systems
- Experience with database optimization and performance of data centric applications
- Ability to design complex database product features hiding complexity while focusing on ease-of-use for the end user
- Strong understanding of competitive (cloud & on-premise) database landscape
- 2+ years working in the data(base) space
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- 5+ years experience working on cloud and data(base) products
- Experience with database products as a service in public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in building serverless cloud services is a major plus
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?