Product Manager - Logistics Matching
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Be responsible for one of the most impactful as well as complex teams within logistics: the matching algorithm, which determines what courier assign to each order, probably one of the biggest challenges that on-demand delivery companies face.
- Shape the roadmap of the matching team to improve the performance of the algorithm with the ultimate goal of increasing the efficiency while ensuring reasonable order fulfillment times.
- Daily monitoring of logistics performance all over +600 cities globally and fine tuning of city logistics parameters
- Maintain a prioritized backlog and other organisational solutions in partnership with the engineering lead
- Define the specifications of smart technical solutions to be developed by the engineers dedicated to the matching algorithm.
- Define the long term vision and strategy of the matching team.
- Lead a team that comes with the optimal technical and data science knowledge.
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (by using a simulator that mimics the real environment) and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders when it comes to the structure of the algorithm.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in product, operations or data science discipline. Preferably background in Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Strong analytical skills. Proven knowledge in operations research, assignment problems, VRP or similar domains.
- Technical know-how—you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Experience in solving similar problems in the same industry will be much appreciated.
- Ability to juggle multiple strands of work and priorities to meet strict deadlines on complex projects that may span across multiple teams and have many dependencies
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to very senior stakeholders and get buy-in thanks to ability to understand business needs
- Excellent spoken and written English
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Job tags: A/B testing Engineering Research Value proposition