Senior UX Researcher
Redwood City, CA
Designed for unlimited discovery and unmatched safety, Epic is the leading digital library for kids. With tens of thousands of high-quality books, audiobooks, and videos from the world’s best publishers, every year millions of kids read, learn and explore on Epic.
To learn more about our vision to unlock the potential of every child, visit us at www.getepic.com.
About the job
Our mission at Epic is to unlock the potential of every child on the planet. Families and teachers around the world are currently experiencing a completely new and uncertain landscape around learning. As a part of our centralized research team, you will be doing interesting, mixed-methods research that directly impacts the products we build and our marketing strategy. You will be expected to conduct research to support product and marketing initiatives, and help grow our research capabilities. This is a hands-on role; you will be doing the research directly and your voice will be heard and solicited.
What you will be doing
- Conduct research to support our cross functional teams.
- Help define the Epic! value proposition for teachers and parents.
- Set up a rolling research studies process for teachers and/or kids that directly impact our branding and value proposition.
- Help build out the foundation of the research function and set the team up for future growth.
What you should have
- 5-8 years directly conducting generative and evaluative research, using qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic and usability methods.
- The ability to work independently and with minimal direction, yet regularly communicate project direction and insights with the research team.
- Experience using in-person and remote research methods and tools.
- Significant experience working with both web and mobile products.
- The ability to turn product and marketing objectives into concrete research plans, then execute independently and efficiently.
- The ability to analyze the user experience holistically, understanding the end-to-end experience for multiple user types, spanning multiple product teams.
- Exceptional cross-functional stakeholder management skills.
- Experience designing and analyzing surveys for both product and market research (e.g. CSAT, brand awareness, etc.)
- Experience designing product benchmark studies.
- Experience recruiting participants directly.
- Experience and interest in coaching and mentoring junior researchers.
- An interest in doing research with kids, and a knowledge of how this differs from doing research with adults. (operationally, legally, how you moderate, etc.)
Nice to haves
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Anthropology, Sociology, other social science, or Research, HCI.
- Experience conducting research with kids under age 13.
- A background in education or edtech.
- Experience working on 2 or 3- sided marketplace products.
- Experience with ResearchOps (recruiting, scheduling, process)
- Experience conducting research in non-US markets.
- Experience with SurveyMonkey or other survey platforms.
- Experience as an in-house/client-side researcher is mandatory, experience working in a consultancy or agency is valuable but not required
- Examples of presenting and research in professional communities (e.g. writing papers, presenting at conferences, etc.)
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Take as you need vacation plan
- $80/month transportation reimbursement
- Weekly yoga
- Unlimited access to our product!