Product Manager, Analytics
New York, NY
Vimeo is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help drive the development of Video Analytics, the tools our Creators use to understand viewer engagement. The team’s mission is to build a functional, powerful, and reliable platform that can process 5+ billion daily events and equip our creators with the right information to make effective decisions.
This role will be responsible for the full product development lifecycle -- from identifying valuable improvements, executing on those ideas, and measuring impact post-release. The ideal candidate will be hands-on with a proven track record of delivering delightful user experiences!
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with design, data engineering, and product marketing to prioritize and execute on an Analytics roadmap that supports Vimeo’s diverse set of users
- Conduct user research to better understand our customers and their needs -- including user interviews, usability tests, customer surveys, etc.
- Combine that qualitative research with self-managed quantitative analyses of large and disparate dataset to create product recommendations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with different stakeholders to spec product features with business/user needs, requirements, and success criteria
- Work with our engineering team to instrument features and report on user engagement
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of experience in product management with end-to-end product launches
- 3+ years experience in SQL and/or other programming language
- A deep comfort with data and an ability to make narratives, arguments, and decisions with it
- Experience working with engineers and distilling technical discussions
- Great UX sensibilities with a bias for functional and simple user experiences
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research
- Ability to work autonomously and lead product development efforts
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience building analytics or reporting tools
- Familiarity with a big data stack
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.