Senior Product Designer - Design Systems
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake's mission is to enable every organization to be data driven. Our Design System will directly impact this mission by ensuring our UIs are robust and easy to use for an expanding audience.
We're looking for a designer to take ownership of the Design System from the design side. This means establishing best practices, elevating the system itself, and advocating for its adoption and maintenance throughout the product organization.
This is a unique opportunity to shape a broad, robust system that a number of Snowflake experiences will leverage and build upon. Your work will help establish what it means to use a Snowflake UI while enabling our teams internally to move quickly and with a high degree of quality.
We're looking for someone that has spent significant time working on a design system both from a process and an execution standpoint.
- Lead Snowflake's Design System from the design side
- Proactively identify areas for improvement for the Design System
- Own the process for updating the Design System
- Establish guidelines for creating and using components in Figma
- Collaborate closely with engineering to build robust, polished components
- Work with designers on products to ensure they're correctly using the design system and that their needs are getting folded back into the system as appropriate
- Participate in product and design reviews
- 2+ years experience working on design systems at a product-focused company
- 1+ year working with Figma's component libraries
- Experience working on a product at a product-focused company
- Strong communication skills that make your process and proposals understandable and actionable to a diverse set of cross-functional audiences
- A strong working knowledge of web technologies
- A comprehensive understanding of modern interface design patterns
- Strong visual and interaction design fundamentals
- An eye towards evolving industry best practices for design systems
- The ability to work pragmatically to meet deadlines while leaving room for future iteration
- A growth mindset
- A drive to create structure and clarity wherever it’s needed
- A true passion for creating great user experiences
NICE TO HAVE:
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?