Product Designer, Grammarly Business
Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until August 2021. Read more about how we’re supporting our team and communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
The Design team at Grammarly is responsible for delivering a wide range of product and marketing initiatives, including our brand, product offerings, and research. To support our growing organization, we’re looking for a seasoned Product Designer for Grammarly Business.
As a Product Designer for Grammarly Business, you’ll constantly jump back and forth between research and design in order to understand user pain points to iterate and innovate on current and new features for Grammarly Business. You’ll partner with user experience researchers and product marketers to conduct interviews and user testing. You will assess, organize, and improve, working directly with Product and Engineering teams for Grammarly Business product offerings. You’ll partner with the rest of the Design team to understand how Grammarly Business features align with the rest of the Grammarly product ecosystem, building beautiful and cohesive consumer experiences.
The Design team is responsible for projects that directly impact business goals and metrics. In this role, you will primarily work with the Grammarly product designers, product managers, researchers, and product marketers to design features that address all of our enterprise users. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Lead individual products and feature directions from ideation to implementation.
- Design for consumer enterprise experiences, as well as admin/management enterprise experiences.
- Drive projects from zero to one and follow through with iterative improvement.
- Collaborate with researchers to deeply understand our enterprise user needs and drive user empathy and advocacy on the Grammarly Business team.
- Create user flows and personas for enterprise users interacting with Grammarly Business features.
- Partner with developers to bring world-class user interfaces to life.
- Partner with and support the Brand, Marketing, and Product design teams in developing Grammarly Business features and communicating their implications across our holistic product experience.
- Collaborate with designers across teams to curate and operationalize new interaction patterns and aesthetics.
- Collaborate with product managers to create and develop both features and their success metrics.
- Collaborate with Brand and Marketing teams to ensure products and features are represented and communicated correctly.
- Collaborate with Design and Product team leadership to define Grammarly’s accessibility standards.
- Scale features across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms.
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models.
- Assess consistency and coherence across the Grammarly products and design system.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has a minimum 5–10 years as a designer on growing design teams.
- Has taken design systems from zero to one, and has worked in design systems at scale.
- Has a deep understanding of high-efficiency, high-output centralized design partnerships.
- Has a deep understanding of multidisciplinary design processes and toolkits across Product Design, Brand and Marketing Design, and User Experience Research.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and uses them to effectively roll out large-scale programs.
- Is relentlessly focused on our customers’ needs and wants.
- Is proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ personal skills and experiences.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.