Digital Product & Service Designers
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Digital Product & Service Designers - Cognite
Do you want to see your carefully crafted designs in the hands of actual users? Do you want to make sure industrial reality becomes more sustainable, efficient and pleasurable?
We are looking for designers that want to make an impact in the real world, changing how people work today and shaping the industry of tomorrow. Cognite is a young, talented, fast-growing software company with the ambition to build the world's best industrial brain. A brain to empower the digital industrial revolution on a global scale and make the industry safer and more sustainable.
The design team at Cognite currently counts 11 designers, and we are now looking to expand the team further. The design team is involved in everything from envisioning future industrial realities, laying product strategies, conceptualizing new product ideas to fine-tuning existing software products.
As one of the Designers in Cognite you will be working in small cross-functional teams with product managers and developers that together form the product vision and work to make that into reality. Your day-to-day responsibilities will be everything required to get the product or service vision into reality; from gathering user insight, forming product vision and concepts, to detailed digital design.
Our goal is to improve industrial sustainability and efficiency through design thinking and doing.
What your responsibilities will include:
At Cognite you will be responsible for creating the vision, then designing and continuously improving your application. You will be part of a world class, cross-disciplinary team that owns a problem and figures out how to solve it best. You will solve complex problems for real users by designing great products and services, and you will be in close dialogue with those users when understanding their needs and observing how your product improves their day-to-day work. As part of Cognite Design team you will help shape the culture and methodology of a rapidly growing company.
Who are you?
- You have 3-7 years experience within either Industrial design, interaction design or service design
- You demonstrate genuine craftsmanship and love of design
- You know the difference between pretty design and delivered customer value
- You enjoy diving into immensely complex challenges and have managed to tackle highly technical / domain-specific design problems in the past
- You love to design for the real world, not for beautiful portfolios
- You enable the team around you to deliver thoughtfully designed digital products
- You like solving problems end to end (especially if this means learning something new!)
- You enjoy working closely together with super-powered developers
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere
- A creative team with experienced writers, creatives and social media experts
- Motivation and push to be agile and fast
- A minimal amount of bureaucracy
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Weekly internal or external tech-talks
- Free food and drinks
- Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers
- Free staffed gym (We also do soccer practice every Friday)
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence the choice of technology and product direction
- New and attractive offices
What you need to do:
- Your portfolio must be linked or uploaded
- Application deadline ASAP
- If you have any questions contact Kristoffer Husøy tel: +47 92611832
About Cognite:Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.