Product Marketing Manager - Commercial Demand Generation
The last ten years has seen an explosion of growth in businesses with recurring revenue - think companies like Spotify and Netflix or Dropbox and Microsoft Office 365. The world is moving to one where products are used and paid for on a recurring basis, not purchased upfront. But in that time, innovation in the recurring payments space has been limited. As a result, payments for these companies are broken. GoCardless has fixed this by building a new global platform for recurring payments based on collecting funds directly from bank accounts, avoiding the need for intermediaries like card networks and digital wallets.
We now power recurring payments from companies such as DocuSign, Bulb and Nutmeg, whilst enabling software partners including Xero, Zuora and Salesforce to help their own customers collect their own payments.
We’ve raised over $120m in funding from incredible investors such as Google and Salesforce, have over 50,000 customers and five offices globally. Now we are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help us get to the next level of growth.
What will you be doing?
Our vision is to fix recurring payments at a global scale and we are looking for an individual to help us join the dots between a fantastic product and huge growth potential. Make no mistake, we are building a category and we intend to own it. We need someone with the right mix of talent and experience to help us with this.
Product Marketing at GoCardless can really be summarised in three core activities.
- How do we ensure that customer facing teams have the right positioning, messaging, tools and pain-driven data points to drive growth?
- How do we launch new products and initiatives across the world in a way that generates maximum adoption?
- How do we listen to and understand the market so we can make more effective decisions as a business?
There’s a lot of work to be done, but one of our key tenets for 2020 is “do fewer things, better”. We want to select the activities that will have the maximum impact on the business and focus on them. As a result, we are looking for a product marketer who can enable our demand generation teams (regional marketers as well as sales development) with the right context and content on our value proposition, so they can be more effective. Think defining the right ICPs, building great data-based content that helps drive demand, and training our teams on this.
Who are you?
- You have developed innovative messaging, positioning and value proposition frameworks for complex problems and new products
- You have built clear and complete ICPs and target personas
- You are adept at market research and can demonstrate influencing business and product strategy as a result of that research
- You know that talking to customers is the best way to understand the challenges they face, and frequently do so
- You have a lot of experience engaging with frontline teams to help customers identify and solve their problems
- You enjoy working independently, given a set of objectives
- You also enjoy cross-functional work with disparate areas of the business
- You understand the value in building a better recurring payments ecosystem
- More than anything, you are a problem solver
GoCardless has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
GoCardless embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We offer a varied package of flexible working and benefit policies. From flexible working hours and working from home arrangements, through to enhanced parental leave, pension packages and equity. GoCardless has a very family and work life balance orientated environment. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone at GoCardless has shifted to remote working since mid-March 2020 and will continue to work remotely until March 2021. We are committed to support all employees during this time and continue to monitor the situation closely. Some of the actions we’ve taken to support the wellbeing of our employees as we transitioned to and continue working in a remote set-up are: subsidised home office equipment, remote workstation assessments, and remote wellbeing and social activities to stay in touch.