Product Manager, Payments and Tax Unit
New York, NY
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Product Manager on one of our core product areas, Payments & Tax, to work collaboratively with Engineering. Product Managers are responsible for scoping and guiding products to launch, guiding the iterative improvement process, and considering both internal and external needs.
What You'll Do
- Help define a product vision and strategy with stakeholders and your direct working team
- Partner with engineering to create a cross-functional and collaborative development process
- Communicate product priorities across the company; be transparent in your roadmap and prioritization
- Gather insights from stakeholders and available data - including Voice of Customer data, external market data, and existing Justworks data
- Continuously prioritize the needs of customers and internal stakeholders using evidence-based decision-making, reassessing as needed
- Respond to change and communicate updates
- Create specifications and testing plans, identify and mitigate potential project risks
- Create metrics and goals around feature launches, measure success post-launch, and iterate
- Be a passionate believer in the Justworks product and evangelize it internally and externally
- Be able to say “No,” but back it up with reasoning
- Maintain a positive attitude, even in the face of adversity
- Do what it takes to get the job done and motivate a team
- 3-5 years of software product management experience, with demonstrated wins
- Able to learn the Justworks Payments and Tax domain quickly
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
- SQL knowledge
- Experience with software planning tools, like Jira
- You have a technical background
- You have an understanding of SaaS SMB products
- You have experience in the payroll or payments space generally
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.