Lead Product Designer, Growth
New York, NY
The Growth team at Vimeo sits at the intersection of product, marketing, and data -- exploring opportunities to grow our user base and revenue across the product. The team’s challenge is to identify the highest impact ideas and turn them into compelling customer experiences that grow the business.
Vimeo’s Growth team needs a pragmatic, tenacious design leader with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves data, is passionate about users, and thrives at iterating and generating strong hypothesis-driven ideas and designs!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders in the growth team to drive the design direction and process for enabling a dynamic collaboration among design, product, engineering, data, and marketing.
- Build, lead, and inspire a team of growth product designers focused on bringing an experimentation based approach to design and unlocking growth throughout the business and products.
- Create high impact design frameworks and repeatable patterns that can be used by product designers within the growth team and across other teams to accelerate adoption and testing of proven best practices and learnings in key user experiences.
- Lead design sprints and design workshops that engage the cross functional team of engineers, analysts, marketers, and product managers.
- Advocate and champion for user research within the growth team, leading by example conducting your own user interviews and online usability testing.
- Design data-driven, user-centric experiences that support key Growth metrics and Vimeo’s product vision
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts and engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, learn and iterate
- Directly engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and prior experiment results into informed design decisions and new ideas
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Execute simple and beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience managing and mentoring other product designers
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX best practices
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you are detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, seeking and providing feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web and native product design work driven by quantitative and qualitative user research
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Prior experience in a Growth role
- Familiarity with growth best practices
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.