Senior Product Designer
Incline Village, NV or New York City
As a Senior Product Designer at Ridgeline, you’ll help breathe new life into an industry marked by complex and aging software. We’re looking for passion and a broad skill set: our ideal candidate will feel comfortable working on interaction design, visual design, prototyping and user research. This is an opportunity to help shape our company’s vision, the way we approach problem solving, and to ensure our product fulfills the ambitious promises we make to our customers. Our designers are not pixel pushers; they are business savvy creatives, the heartbeat of our product development process.
At this time, Ridgeline does not sponsor work visas.
What will you do?
- Use your UX and visual design skills to wireframe, prototype, and test new product ideas
- Define the visual language and overall design system of our applications
- Engage in a user-centered design process that works closely with our strategy, product, and engineering teams
- Conduct user research and design thinking sessions with customers and subject matter experts
- Work alongside our engineers to build your designs using modern front-end frameworks and AWS back-end services
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
The Ridgeline design team has a set of design skills we hire against and use to measure ourselves internally. It helps us with the quality of our team, and it drives and measures individual career growth.
Our designers can:
- Address and focus on business needs
- Deal with and understand complexity
- Communicate & present their work
- Define the information architecture of the products they work on
- Build experiences that have solid interaction design
- Manage their projects & resources
- Use research to inform their designs
- Think about the system in which their work sits
- Create pleasing visual designs
- Manage their workflow efficiently
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in digital product design
- Track record of designing and shipping successful digital experiences with the ability to help us understand how success is defined
- Excellent interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
- Experience using a design-thinking method
- Ability to work with engineering to build creative, feasible solutions that meet our business objectives
- An aptitude for problem solving and storytelling
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- A shareable portfolio (attachment or online)
- Experience conducting user research/usability testing
- Experience developing design systems
- Ability to mentor and coach other designers
Ridgeline was founded by Dave Duffield (co-founder and former CEO of both PeopleSoft and Workday) in late 2017 to develop enterprise software for the investment management industry.
Headquartered in the Lake Tahoe Basin with an office in the heart of Manhattan, Ridgeline employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the tranquility of Lake Tahoe and the energy of the country's financial epicenter.
Our unconditional commitment to our customers and each other creates an environment of respect, trust, and collaboration; we lift each other up in the pursuit of shared goals. If this people-first perspective is important to you, perhaps you're one of us.
Ridgeline is proud to be a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.