Product Manager, Mobile Applications
San Francisco, CA
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
ABOUT THE TEAM AND POSITION…
We see our mobile experiences as a beacon for the Carvana brand, and we err on the side of big bets. We’re intensely analytical and data-driven but our biggest decisions come from the heart. We use intuition and product sense to pick the next mountain and lean, data-driven iteration to scale it to points others can’t reach.
We are seeking a passionate and outcome-oriented product manager with hands-on experience to join our mobile team. Do you have a passion for mobile and are wanting to join a team to share your thoughtful perspective of how it’s different from the web? At Carvana you will apply that excitement to craft delightful and needle-moving experiences.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the roadmap for your product area, participating end to end in the product life cycle, from market research and strategy to prioritization to delivery.
- Write requirements and acceptance criteria, partnering with design, engineering, data science, and QA, focusing the team on solving the most important problems with solutions that put our customers first.
- Become an expert in how our customers purchase used cars, leveraging direct user research, industry best practices, quantitative testing, and insights from our customer advocate and operations teams.
- Run and analyze product experiments, determining our next move if we get unexpected results.
- Collaborate with Carvana's engineering, creative, marketing, and customer advocate teams.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another relevant field of study.
- 2+ years experience in product management.
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to work cross-functional on complex product areas, managing dependencies.
- Experience shipping core software functionality in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical team members.
- Openness to feedback from all people and parts of the company.
- A positive outlook, humility, and a healthy sense of humor. Read this again if necessary!
- Product or development experience with mobile apps.
- Product experience in B2C or retail.
- Good design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry).
- Familiarity with Tableau (for creating reports).
- Experience with SQL and knowledge of data science best practices.
- Automotive industry experience and/or fascination with cars.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.