Associate Product Manager
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 200 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team, have flexible hours, and make a massive impact on our education system.
About The Role
As an Associate Product Manager at BetterLesson, you will support the continuous evolution of BetterLesson’s professional development services to deliver exceptional results for K-12 teachers and school leaders, with a focus on our internal business tools and data. This is a technical role within our product management team. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and project managing the QuickBase applications that support our teams. The success of our professional development services is driven by matching the needs and constraints of educators and K-12 institutions with BetterLesson’s incredibly talented coaches and their expertise in student-centered learning topics, a deep understanding of impactful continuous adult learning, and software capabilities with simple interfaces that just work. We’re looking for someone excited at the opportunity to evolve our professional development services and continue growing this business. You will report to the Head of Product and work closely with our Engineering Team.
- Serve as the product owner and principal developer for our QuickBase applications.
- Help identify the most impactful opportunities and problems for our team to address; develop product requirements and a roadmap to tackle these needs.
- Establish clear, measurable product goals and success criteria to maximize impact, maintain accountability, and guide prioritization.
- Conduct customer and internal stakeholder research to identify opportunities for innovation and inform the development of product requirements and roadmap.
- Determine data needs across teams and establish data management plans that address various stakeholder needs, particularly with respect to coordinating, tracking, and evaluating service offerings in early-stage development (R&D);
- Establish continuous internal and external communication channels to incorporate qualitative feedback into the product roadmap.
- A proven product manager with outstanding organization and interpersonal skills;
- Passionate about product development and project management;
- A clear and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Experienced with low-code or no-code application platforms, such as QuickBase, Salesforce, Airtable, etc.
- Enthusiastic about developing robust systems and processes for stakeholder communication and decision making;
- Analytically oriented with strong background in data-driven decision-making;
- Comfortable embracing the experimentation, risk, speed, & failure inherent to startup hustle;
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working independently and as part of a collaborative team;
- Deeply ambitious and optimistic about the role that professional development can play in improving teacher and student outcomes.
- 1-3 years of Product & Project Management experience;
- Demonstrated track record building and maintaining robust applications within platforms, such as Quickbase, Salesforce, Airtable, etc., that drive business processes reliably and with data integrity.
- Expertise in software-enabled B2B services or marketplaces;
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong interest in K-12 education and/or experience as an educator (a plus).
We Can Offer You
- the opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- a competitive salary.
- health and other employee benefits.
- equity in the business you are helping to build.
- a great office space near Harvard and Central Squares in Cambridge.
- a flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- the opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
Cambridge, MA (We are currently working remotely, but expect to be in-office when safe to do so.)
BetterLesson’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we know it benefits our employees, our products, our partners, and our community. We encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.