Customer Marketing Wrangler (Customer Engagement)
Posted 2 months ago
The ideal applicant will own both the strategy and implementation of key efforts designed to increase customer satisfaction, retention, and engagement, and work in partnership with other team members to reduce refunds and churn. In this position you must excel at both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and use it daily to inform your work. Your deep customer knowledge and insights will drive your marketing strategies, opportunities, and initiatives to increase customer retention, engagement, and satisfaction with WordPress.com paid plans.
- Establish metrics, a rolling roadmap, regular reporting, and customer segmentation to determine ideal communications programs that deepen engagement and loyalty with regards to refunds, product engagement, and customer satisfaction (NPS and more).
- Partner with data and product teams to identify quantitative and qualitative metrics that reflect product adoption and correlate with long-term retention and LTV. Use this data to inform product, messaging, and communication strategy with customers.
- Update and launch new onboarding campaigns and engagement experiences across multiple channels (email, in-app, etc.) to reduce refund rate and increase customer engagement.
- Identify when passive churn occurs for various WordPress.com segments and conduct re-engagement campaigns to intervene early on in the lifecycle.
- Launch campaigns to maintain high levels of adoption for customers already extracting a lot of value from WordPress.com. Conduct frequent subject line and copy tests on existing and new engagement campaigns such as in our newsletters, surveys, and triggered and drip email campaigns.
- Identify, communicate, prioritize, and rally teams around product and UX flaws that are resulting in disengagement or outright cancellations.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative data to propose and evaluate business impact and opportunities.
- A strong proactive communicator and writer, self-driven, and comfortable with setting and managing own priorities and deliverables.
- A cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions.
- Have 5+ years of marketing experience, with an emphasis on product and customer engagement across various channels, including email.
- Have experience working with a global subscription-based product a plus.
- Have the ability to work autonomously in a distributed environment.
- Are comfortable working in a flat organization.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? Answer these questions.
- Imagine you could go back in time and make one change to a marketing campaign you wrote (that you can share a link to) to drive a specific result. Describe the desired result, the message, what you would change, and why.
- Who is doing impressive work with engagement for software subscription services, and why?