Associate Product Marketing Manager
New York City
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
With MongoDB Realm, we’re changing what great mobile application development looks like. And now, we’re growing the team that works to drive awareness and adoption of our mobile products in the market.
The Realm Mobile Database is used by more than 100k+ developers and has been downloaded onto devices more than 2 billion times. Realm was acquired by MongoDB in 2019, and we launched an integrated edge-to-cloud data synchronization service called Realm Sync in June of 2020.
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager at MongoDB, you’ll help support the go-to-market efforts for MongoDB Realm and Realm Sync. You’ll also help to grow usage of Realm’s open source database. These products represent a huge opportunity for our business, and you’ll be a key part of the team bringing them to market.
- Know the user: Become an expert on mobile developers, and how they evaluate and adopt our products
- Messaging: Creating positioning and messaging for new features that helps to make us stand out in the market
- Go-To-Market: Develop and execute launch plans for new Realm and MongoDB Realm features, with the goal of driving customer acquisition and product adoption
- Sales Enablement: Deliver internal training and enablement, make sure sales teams understand the product and features well enough to engage with customers, and create customer-facing materials for sales to use
- Research: Conduct regular user research and analyze both quantitative and qualitative feedback to uncover opportunities, inform messaging, and contribute to product development
- Reporting: Report on user acquisition and product adoption by channel, to inform marketing and product decision making
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience (B2B marketing, product, design, sales enablement)
- Approach all projects with a customer-first mindset
- Comfortable in cross-functional environments and can effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills, with an ability to identify risks, resolve issues, and communicate with stakeholders
- Exceptional written skills and experience producing written content
- Strong presentation skills and comfort teaching others about complex or technical topics
- A technical background and an understanding of modern application development, cloud computing, and agile processes
Bonus points if:
- You’ve got a minor in a STEM field, have done some basic coding classes for fun, or completed an iOS or Android developer course
- Proficient experience with Tableau, Amplitude, or other data and product analytics tools
- Proficient professional experience in development, product management, or another technical role
- passionate about new technologies and cloud computing
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.