Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment
Posted 7 months ago
Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment Optimization
At Wayfair, Fulfillment Optimization establishes and maintains an accurate fulfillment plan for each potential and realized order, optimized for Wayfair profitability and customer delight. By making the best use of all available suppliers, carriers, and other supply chain resources, Fulfillment Optimization maximizes value for both Wayfair and customers. The results of this optimization, including the delivery promise, available services, ship cost estimates, and selected supplier and carrier(s) are established both prior to and at the moment of purchase, and confirmed or adjusted as needed as the delivery progresses.
Fulfillment Plan Integrations, one of four layers of the Fulfillment Optimization organization, works to provide reliable, accurate, and performant interfaces for internal and customer-facing teams to access key information such as inventory status, estimated delivery dates, and available shipping programs.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of the consumers of fulfillment plans and help build solutions that address customer and operational needs with subject matter expertise of how systems work upstream and downstream to calculate and execute fulfillment plans
- Drive the thinking and execution that will help customers have a frictionless, consistent understanding of their delivery service options and timetable, throughout their shopping and post-order experience.
- Translate our product vision and strategy into a prioritized set of initiatives, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals.
- Collaborate closely with software engineering peers to turn the prioritized initiatives into a sequenced product roadmap.
- Disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders, and ensure shared understanding of initiative strategy with cross-functional partners, bridging the gap between the technical details of what we’re building and the purpose for building it in terms of meaningful business outcomes.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area in order to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and business.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience in Product Management with a demonstrated track record, preferably in an agile environment
- 2+ years’ experience successfully leading and developing highly effective teams and engaging with external stakeholders
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- Ability to think strategically and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, and stakeholder management skills
- Examples of success in aligning a vision, strategy and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments with the ability to think and perform tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Experience in supply chain and/or owning a service or platform a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.