Agile Partner/ Scrum Master
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Posted 7 months ago
By harnessing the power of genetics and technology, we can make medical genetics affordable and accessible for everyone, improving healthcare for billions of people.
We have helped improve care for hundreds of thousands of patients and their providers by driving down the cost of reliable, comprehensive, and actionable genetic testing. Our platform provides genetic information for use throughout medicine—and throughout life.
We are looking for an experienced Agile Partner/Scrum Master to help our teams become more effective and help us scale our Agile practices as Invitae grows. Qualified candidates should be comfortable working with teams new to Agile practices and be able to foster collaborative environments of continuous improvement. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of billions of people, join our team!
As Invitae builds a diverse workforce, our vision is to cultivate a place where we all belong. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion mission is to engage, develop, and retain talent by fostering community, providing education and support, and advancing inclusive research and health equity globally. Our Agile Team has updated the title of our team members to “Agile Partners” from “Scrum Masters” to reflect our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and also to reflect our philosophy of how we work at Invitae. We don’t limit ourselves to the Scrum framework but draw from all Agile philosophies to best support the needs of our teams.
What you will do
- Agile Expertise. Champion and reinforce Agile principles and frameworks.
- Psychological Safety. Promote a safe environment for team members to express ideas, ask questions, and voice concerns constructively.
- Growth Mindset. Foster continuous improvement by guiding the team to self-reflect, identify inefficient practices, be open and transparent about failure, and improve through data-driven experimentation.
- Predictability. Capture and radiate metrics and team health data to improve forecasts and help the team maintain a sustainable pace.
- Flexibility. Be curious and help the team identify and implement the most valuable Agile practices, tailored to the team’s needs. Provide the “right” amount of support with the goal of leading the team to learn and maintain healthy Agile habits and become self-organizing.
What you bring
- Agile Expertise
- Experience with applying concepts from different Agile approaches (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience teaching Agile concepts to team members who are new to Agile or have misconceptions about Agile.
- Keenly interpret the Agile mindset to teams, welcoming failures and mistakes by viewing them as learning opportunities, and incorporate the Agile Manifesto 4 values and 12 principles.
- Ability to promote Psychological Safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish solid relationships and promote team cohesiveness.
- Active listening skills.
- Exhibit empathetic behaviors by identifying and understanding other people’s emotions.
- Ability to identify tensions and proactively promote open and constructive communication to resolve those tensions.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to adapt nimbly to a dynamic environment of shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with little guidance by proactively reaching out and asking questions.
- Relevant experience/skill set
- Experience with navigating complex software development projects
- Experience with technical tools such as Slack, Jira, Confluence, Zoom, GSuite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to run efficient meetings and facilitate discussions
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to have fun
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.