Cloud UX Engineer
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Spinvi is hiring a User Experience Engineer with expertise in cloud platform offerings, containerization, virtualization engineering, cloud and hybrid cloud engineering, desktop-as-a-service models, configuration management and automation, group policy, group policy objects, permissions, scoping and link order for a large DoD program. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess an advanced understanding of the following:
- Client health monitoring, insight and intelligence gathering
- Enterprise Mobile Device management platforms and offerings
- Security and Compliance configurations
- Rich Web Applications, Progressive Web Applications
- Application, driver and update delivery and integration.
- Client Networking technologies, e.g. VPN-less, micro-VPN, 802.1X Scripting, JSON/XML manipulation
- Policy, Role and Attribute based access control
- Information Assurance and DISA STIG guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend, and enhance end user experience, service delivery and consumption where possible.
- Contribute to Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for enterprise end user experience infrastructure and service delivery.
- Serve as escalation point for automation, application and client configuration control support and troubleshooting, providing guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems related to end user computing delivery.
- Install, configure, and maintain end user experience software, tools, and scripts in dedicated on-prem/cloud lab environments used for documentation, scenarios/simulation and testing.
- Develop, document, and enforce standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of client Operating Systems, automation, and related systems.
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure components, including but not limited
- Produce enterprise-level designs for end user device computing and its related services, to include automation, delivery, intelligence, monitoring, reporting security configurations and compliance in support of enterprise initiatives ensuring support and implementation via collaborative efforts with project and support teams.
- Ability to independently write documentation utilizing enterprise standardized templates including: Installation and Configuration Guides, white papers, design and engineering test plans, Information Assurance/Cyber documentation to support accreditation requirements, systems scans and risk assessment documentation. Ability to write other non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
- Ability to interpret security documentation, procedures and guidelines; such as the DISA STIG, DoD guidance then incorporate necessary provisions into build and automation scripts, Group Policy Objects, Installation and Configuration design documents and lab builds enforcing and solidifying standards, security procedures, and controls ensuring integrity of the End User Experience Framework of the lab and enterprise.
- Ability to troubleshoot broad ranging problems associated with client platforms, operating systems, drivers, delivery and automation as they coincide with the end user experience and service delivery.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely advanced concepts related to cloud use and consumption, automation, containers, client management, health monitoring and other end user experience related areas to peers and leadership
- Strong analytical skills to resolve problems and think creatively.
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a virtual environment with remote colleagues utilizing virtual technologies.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly motivated to work independently and productively, with an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with VMware virtual environment
- Experience with AWS or Microsoft Azure
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification
- Candidate must have a current Secret clearance
- Minimum: Possess a high school diploma or GED;
- Preferred: BS degree in Engineering, Physical Science or Computer Science.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spinvi does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.