Service Design Researcher
ServiceTitan is solving real-world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, service designers, product designers and program and project managers work closely with our thousands of customers to help make their lives easier through technology. We’re growing rapidly and need your help as we continue to scale a complex product to a large customer base.
The Service Design researcher will work collaboratively on a wide-range of projects and use human-centered and participatory design methods to research, model and facilitate service, customer experience and product improvements. They will conduct qualitative and quantitative research that will improve the customer experience across ServiceTitan products and services. This person will report to the Director of Service Design and work closely with product managers, other service design strategists and researchers as well as various cross-functional departments across the company to co-create and share insights about our customers' experience. The Service Design Researcher needs to be passionate about research of all types and be a creative thinker with a strong research foundation but a flexible approach in this fast-moving organization. She/He must be open to exploring out-of-the box research and data modeling/visualization methods and approaches as a member of this growing team. The mission of the Service Design team is to inspire innovative products and services by connecting the dots across people, processes and products to positively impact the customer experience.
As a Service Design researcher, you will:
- Plan, design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies, including writing research plans that outline study goals and methodology
- Identify recruiting requirements, write screeners, and work closely with recruiters to obtain most appropriate customers possible for research studies.
- Run qualitative and quantitative research studies both formal and informal with external facing customers as well as internal subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Analyze results from all types of qualitative and research and create various types of insights and that synthesize findings into meaningful themes and actionable recommendations for various audiences.
- Ability to communicate or present research results and illustrate suggestions in clear, compelling, memorable and creative ways
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to make ideas understandable, make the future more concrete and the present more impactful.
- Visualization (either through diagramming, storyboarding, or information design). Helping others see the end-to-end and surface-to-core service and customer experience.
- Work closely with analytics, data scientist and customer success teams to collect various metrics to triangulate research data, uncover insights and inform service and design solutions
- Comfortable teaching and training other non-researchers, contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of both generative and formative user research using industry standard best practices.
- Engage in cross-functional activities and collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Develop, organize and facilitate research brainstorming and work sessions (either individually or as part of a team)
As a Service Design researcher, you'll need:
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team, build consensus and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of the Service Design team to enhance internal employee and customer experience as well as customer outcomes
- Comfortable thinking end-to-end and surface-to-core. Able to see a high level view as well as a detailed view. Understand and analyze how all aspects of the service integrate and impact each other in the context of the larger service ecosystem.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, product managers and engineering team members.
- Express facts, thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner, as well as the ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Understand how to balance user experience, service experience, business needs, technically feasibility and time-to-market, and make tradeoffs where appropriate
- Foundational understanding of the best practices and fundamentals of interaction, human-centered, goal-directed and service design and research methods across multiple touch points and devices
- Take inputs of all kinds — research findings, analytics, customer feedback, ideation, strategic directives — and turn this into a clear direction
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems.
- Familiarity with standard design patterns across devices and user interface conventions.
- Creative problem solving skills, a curious mind and an enthusiastic work ethic with an intrinsic passion for making things better
- A passion for creating new service design and research methods and practices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to create and deliver effective, clear and engaging presentations and proposals to top management and/or public groups.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic software/product development life-cycle
- Foundational experience (2-4 years) with techniques in qualitative research, including formal and informal usability studies, card sorting, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, persona development, heuristic evaluations, participatory design, etc.
- Foundational experience (2-4 years) with techniques in quantitative research, including survey construction, understanding results of analytics and A/B testing
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and at least three years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree must be in a qualitative research-related field such as Psychology, Human Factors Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Experimental Design; plus user research experience must include some experience with consumer or enterprise facing software or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with in-lab and remote, research tools (e.g., Google Forms, Qualtrics, Optimal Workshop, etc.)
- Basic understanding of statistics is a plus.
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan