Group Product Manager, ML
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our Machine Learning product team is building tools that would help make the process of developing and deploying machine learning (ML) models as simple as possible while producing results that are powerful. Affirm is a very data driven company so we focus on automating decisions around a host of areas like underwriting, fraud, securitizations, pricing, and consumer personalization. We use ML to solve this highly complex problem set.
The team relies on big data tools and platforms. We use these tools to access and process data. We also use them to link features and models into complete ML pipelines that would be used in a variety of production scenarios.
As the Group Product Manager, you will leverage complex algorithmic models to drive intelligence in every interaction along the loan journey. You will leverage our unique data in ways that drive exceptional customer experiences and scales to support our entire business.
A successful candidate will work collaboratively with business stakeholders and operation teams. You will drive end-to-end product solutions to meet the needs of our consumers, merchants, internal customers, and investment partners as well as support ongoing business needs. You will have a personal stake in everything you work on, a strong sense of ownership, a love for data, enjoy working with complex technologies, and know how to foster strong relationships and build trust. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product who oversees the Machine Learning, Trust & Safety, Customer Identity, Capital Technology, and Care product teams.
What you'll do
- Proactively identify areas where we can leverage machine learning (ML) to solve difficult problems
- Drive product requirements, strategy for data collection, and ML models within Affirm
- Keep up with cutting edge technologies that can potentially be applied to Affirm use-cases
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process of ML/data product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) with intelligent automation at the forefront
- Leverage data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of data and ML products
- Create data strategies and programs for the long-term success of business teams and ensure engineering teams are positioned to deliver results
- Provide an end-to-end machine learning development process in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders to design, build and manage reproducible, testable, and evolvable ML-powered product experiences
What we look for
- 8+ years experience in Product Management
- Nice to have: 2+ years of technical product management
- Nice to have: Experience mentoring and managing a team of 1-3 PMs
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Intellectual curiosity and domain expertise in Machine Learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with ops and business partners at all levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Experience developing roadmaps and long-term data-driven strategies for improving operations, data platform efficiencies - all without sacrificing quality
- Deep understanding of software development for machine-learned products and services