Principal Product Manager
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.We are looking for a senior product management leader to join our rapidly growing team! Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use data cloud. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
IN THIS PRODUCT MANAGER ROLE YOU WILL:
- Understand the full lifecycle of the customers, from awareness to building to scaling their businesses, and how Snowflake succeeds or fails at helping at each stage.
- Work with teams across Snowflake to find and ship solutions to those issues, whether with marketing to drive awareness, or product and eng teams to drive improvements, or partnerships to support scaling businesses on top of Snowflake.
- Be the voice for these prospects and customers throughout Snowflake, and be the voice of Snowflake back to the same prospects and customers.
- Be responsible for the ultimate success of Snowflake as a platform for data application developers.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, engineering, marketing, sales and support.
- Ship features and improvements frequently and iteratively. You will own getting your product out the door, and you will own making sure it’s constantly getting better.
- Be responsible for all aspects of your product - if anything goes wrong, you’ll be on the front lines fixing it.
- Work hand in hand with customers, engaging in frequent conversations both onsite and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs. You’ll often go stretches where you’re talking to multiple customers every day, and you’ll rarely go more than a week without a deep customer conversation.
A PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE IS EXPECTED TO:
- Be able to understand the breadth of our product line and how customers use it, as well as technical details especially in owned areas.
- Have experience defining a product vision and roadmap and managing incremental execution through successful launches.
- Thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of a fast-moving startup. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity.
- Be highly data-driven, knowing how to get, understand, and use data to make the best possible decisions.
- Move quickly and constantly iterate, moving from hypotheses developed from customer conversations, data, and insights to running tests to confirm those hypotheses, to learnings and iteration towards a solution that customers didn’t even realize they wanted but now can’t live without.
- Operate throughout multiple layers of the product stack including both the UI layer, but also deeper in the technology stack. Know whether the limitations of the current backend are reasonable or if we should rebuild to enable new capabilities to allow for businesses to scale through building data applications.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- Have 10+ years of relevant experience in a technical role.
- Show an understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?