Product Marketing Director, Credit Union Wealth
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A career with Aviso Wealth means being part of an organization dedicated to your success and career development. It means belonging to a group of talented, energetic professionals who live their values every day. Our amazing people and dynamic culture set Aviso Wealth apart. If you’re looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Director, Credit Union Wealth (CU Wealth) to join our Marketing team.
Reporting to the SVP and Chief Marketing Officer (located in Toronto), the Product Marketing Director, CU Wealth will develop and execute compelling marketing and communications strategies to increase wealth penetration within the credit union distribution channel, including developing and maintaining a suite of marketing and communication materials that extend across a variety of mediums.
The role presently has two direct reports – Senior Marketing Manager, CU Wealth and Marketing & Partner Relations Manager, CU Wealth, as well as access to dedicated communications and event management resources and shared services such as graphic design and social media/digital support, etc.
Who you are:
- You take initiative, seeking out and owning opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and our business
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a keen attention to detail even when under pressure
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, and celebrating success as a team
- You’re a life-long learner, staying current on market events, industry news, and innovative trends and technologies
- You believe in sustainable financial strength, and you’re committed to long-term wealth solutions
- You consider the impact of your actions on your team members, our partners, our clients, and the places where we live and work
What your day looks like:
- Working closely with CU Wealth’s senior leadership team and the Marketing, Communications and Digital Experience (MCDX) team, integrates in-depth knowledge of wealth distribution into the development of strategic marketing initiatives and value-added communications
- This individual will deliver results aimed at achieving market adoption, channel partner/client satisfaction and division growth objectives. The role has a wide range of responsibilities including brand, market analysis, strategy, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communications, development of marketing strategy and materials, and promotion of key products and solutions
- The role requires someone who brings strategic vision, a deep understanding of wealth industry distribution, customer insights, and solid execution skills, but also a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to create line of business revenue growth, program adoption, and lasting value. Well-versed in both B2B and B2C marketing, strategies may include campaigns, advertising and social media, PR/influencers, collateral development, events, thought leadership, sales enablement (including sales tools and recognition programs), content strategies, market research and product launches. A proactive, strategic approach is needed to develop thorough but creative marketing communication plans
- Equally important is the development and tracking of metrics for success, including the analysis of activities to ensure maximum effectiveness of the marketing investment
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for CU Wealth products and services in collaboration with division leadership, internal cross-functional teams and external stakeholders with a focus on delivering a superior customer experience to credit union members/prospects, advisors and wealth leaders
- Build and execute positioning and messaging to position CU wealth products and programs as leading solutions within the industry
- Understand the competitive landscape, customer insights and marketing/digital trends to develop strategic positioning, and segmentation
- Engage with credit union stakeholders and the CU Wealth leaders to gather intelligence and feedback in developing/refining relevant and compelling marketing strategies, programs, and messaging
- Lead the planning and implementation of product and program launches, partner marketing programs, sales enablement and content strategies working closely with CU Wealth leadership and other members of the Marketing, Communications and Digital teams
- Develop marketing plans and manage the CU Wealth marketing budget
- Monitor results and deliver plans that regularly exceed the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual KPIs, as applicable
- Ensure compliance with communication policies, procedures, and brand standards.
- Form and foster partnerships with internal marketing colleagues to leverage existing resources, align with best practices, find operational and financial efficiencies, and maximize performance
- Develop strong relationships with the CU Wealth team including the field (sales) team to understand credit union partners and solicit feedback to measure successes and identify areas for improvement and/or new materials required
- Manage content for events, sponsorships, or conferences
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Marketing, Communications or similar)
- Minimum 10 years of industry/marketing experience, including B2B and B2C marketing, branding, and sales enablement.
- Solid understanding of wealth management, investment solutions, and investment dealer functions (including compliance, etc.)
- Results-oriented with demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Self-confident and strong ability to work effectively and independently within tight deadlines, adapt to changing deadlines and ability to prioritize multiple deliverables within a cross-functional team environment with a variety of reporting levels and varying skills/competencies
- Excellent project management skills, particularly in an environment that crosses functional areas or departments, with ability to multi-task, set measurable objectives, manage defined timelines and budgets for each campaign
- Experience leading or operating in cross-functional work environments, in large teams comprised of stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities with minimal guidance from management
- Experience in all steps of the marketing process from idea generation, to development and through distribution and tracking
- Proven in-depth product, market and industry knowledge, and experience in demonstrating this understanding in the creation and execution of marketing strategies
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources and make recommendations
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are a definite asset
- Supporting the Credit Union Wealth line of business, most of the Credit Union Wealth leadership team is based in Vancouver. Toronto-based candidates interested in the role must be willing to be available later in the day/evening when necessary due to the three-hour time difference. Vancouver-based candidates must be willing to be available earlier in the day/morning when necessary due to the three-hour time difference.
At Aviso, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success. We offer a competitive compensation package, career enrichment, and regular social events to foster teamwork. Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $65 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.