Senior Product Manager - Core
Remote (United States)
The Core teams are responsible for the CircleCI application experience - from configuration syntax, to work ingestion, to the full CI/CD pipeline engine. The Core teams sit right in the middle of the CircleCI experience. As a Senior Product Manager for our core offering, you will work with our internal teams, partners, and customers to deliver an intuitive, cohesive, and delightful customer experience for all users across the entire CircleCI continuous integration and continuous delivery platform. As these teams sit right in the middle of the CircleCI experience, you will have an opportunity for outsized impact.
Overview of Team:
The Product Management team is responsible for product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management, Product Design, Data Science and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the product strategy for a key part of the CircleCI experience, and effectively present and influence key stakeholders on the merits of the strategy.
- Define MVP, prioritize features, build agreement and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship top quality experiences to users for a core part of the CircleCI experience
- Build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing the business
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis and community feedback into product requirements to ensure the product satisfies user needs as well as wants while informing product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly track performance
- Coordinate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure a cohesive overall user experience.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS and / or packaged software
- Deep understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and practices
- Direct experience with how software is built, tested and released to customers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience working with a variety of product management strategies and techniques, with a clear understanding of the pros and cons of each and how and when to apply them effectively
- Demonstrated ability in breaking down complex problems, developing strategies and plans to solve them, and effectively collaborating with teams to deliver solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company a plus
- Startup experience a plus
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.