Lead Product Designer
New York, NY, United States
Lead Product Designer
MakeSpace is looking for a talented Lead Designer, Product. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to join our Product team to develop a consistent vision and strategy across our product and marketing work. As the Lead Designer, you will grow our design team and develop a consistent vision and strategy while fostering a culture of customer-centricity. You will strive to improve our customers’ experience while working with cross-functional agile teams to drive design across the entire product development cycle. You'll launch new features and iterate on existing experiences that generate measurable impact.
You can expect to:
- Partner with our VP of Product to improve the customer experience across multiple channels and touchpoints including web and mobile.
- Mentor other designers to help them reach their full potential.
- Work and collaborate daily with PM's, engineers, marketers, customer service and sales managers on day-to-day projects and initiatives and bring them into the design process.
- Lead qualitative research studies to better understand customer needs and behaviors.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas, validating those choices and track performance related to OKR’s.
- Experience with design leadership as either a manager or individual contributor.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process.
- A great design sensibility partnered with immense user empathy.
- Design-thinking practices and a service design mindset.
- Experience with designer-lead user research.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management, engineering and marketing to develop and implement effective design practices.
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, and iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas.
- A passion for collaboration and a desire to help everyone succeed.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to defend design decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Generous and flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- A competitive base salary and a 401(k) with matching after 1 year
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits
- Weekly catered lunch, unlimited snacks, beer, cold brew on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with large outdoor spaces for lunch, work, and play
Our company culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. While our culture was built by sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry, we expect you to contribute to our culture to make it even better—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.