Product Manager, Homes Platform
San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Homes Platform
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
The Homes Business focuses on helping guests experience the world in a more authentic and meaningful way by staying with gracious hosts who offer their own unique spaces and hospitality. Our guests connect with those hosts through the Airbnb marketplace, which is unlike any other in the world.
About Homes Platform
The Homes Platform’s team mission is to build the next-generation Hosting platform that powers the future of our Homes business growth. We bring a platform mindset by solving hard, high-leverage problems at scale, enabling the product verticals to focus on the success of our business. We succeed when we deliver amazing experiences for our guests and hosts powered by simple integrations for our clients.
About the Role
Airbnb has more than 7 million listings in over 100,000 cities, comprising the most diverse assortment of rooms, homes, hotels, and unique places to stay in the world. In order to grow our business by helping more guests find the right places to stay, we need to comprehensively understand and categorize our supply.
As a Product Manager on the Homes Platform team, you will be responsible for capturing and merchandising the most comprehensive view of the host and home so guests can find the perfect trip. This will require understanding our guests’ needs, thoughtfully expanding our catalog to meet those needs, and working with hosts to best represent their hospitality and their homes. You will partner with a cross functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to deliver this end-to-end experience. Your work will be pivotal to shaping the future of hospitality and travel.
- Establish vision for a product team. Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people to deliver on the team’s mission. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Understand user needs for both hosts and guests; identifies and defines product requirements.
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution.
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Experience in product information management, taxonomy, machine learning, data-mining or classification related fields.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it