Senior Product Designer
At Urbint, our mission is to create safer and more resilient communities using AI. We are passionate about taking data about our changing world – from climate, to urbanization, to infrastructure risk – and harnessing it to allow utilities and infrastructure operators to predict and prevent threats and meaningfully reduce field risk. We are a tight-knit team of coders, data scientists, infrastructure experts, entrepreneurs, and creatives working together to create and deliver cutting-edge technology to deliver insights that keep people safe.
At Urbint, the Senior Product Designer will empathize with customer problems and the needs of stakeholders, then build software to deliver value as quickly as possible. The Senior Product Designer will work with Product and Engineering to grow and develop a team of Product Designers that fits the needs of the business. They align processes and represent the function within the management team, helping the product team to ship software and AI products to make our communities safer and more resilient.
What You’ll Do
- Coach, and mentor a team of Product Designers.
- Installing process and tools required to achieve a high-functioning design organization.
- Lead design for one or more of our AI platform offerings across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You will set the vision for the user experience, working alongside your product manager counterpart to discover how your product solution should manifest.
- Discover solutions and validate them quickly using experiments and prototypes.
- Describe your solutions effectively through a combination of wireframes, user stories, and clear acceptance criteria.
- Build impactful customer relationships and be the voice of the customer within your team, helping provide context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs.
- Represent Urbint and evangelize our products and capabilities in meetings with customers and at industry events.
- Create and foster a work environment where people with different ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued, utilized, and welcomed.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience creating innovative user experiences
- Experience in the utility industry (electric, cable, gas) and/or designing products used within the utility industry like workforce management, ticket management and/or field management a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field, or equivalent experience.
- Product experience building and shipping software, especially B2B / Enterprise SaaS.
- Familiarity with AI, machine learning, or statistics, and a comfort implementing those topics in technology solutions.
- Personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and company initiatives at the same time to deliver timely results
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 100% Remote work
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Health Perks - Wellness reimbursement.
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Remote work monthly stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.