Senior Product Designer
About the department
We’re a group of people that love to learn, collaborate and solve large-scale problems. 2020 is a big year for us, and we’re looking for an inquisitive, curious and talented Product Designer to join our team.
Cloudflare is an exciting, fast-paced and supportive place to work and grow. We currently sit in front of almost 10% of global internet traffic, and we’re growing every day. Your work will impact and influence the user experience of a product used by millions of people daily. As a Cloudflare Product Designer, you will work closely with other designers, engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
If you’re a systems-thinking Product Designer who’s excited to work on big, meaningful and complex problems with real-world impact, come help us make the Internet better! We’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Understand and distill complex, broad concepts into beautiful and functional mockups and prototypes.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and other stakeholders to craft useful, delightful product experiences.
- Apply your skills throughout the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframes, interaction and visual design through prototyping and usability testing.
- Influence and contribute to internal process and design culture.
- Share what you learn internally and with the broader public designer and developer communities.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated talent and passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Deep empathy with, and understanding of, users’ needs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or Service Design.
- Experience designing native desktop and/or mobile apps
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.