Senior Design Researcher
Remote (United States)
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
About the team:
You will be the third Design Researcher to join the Product Design Team. We’re a low-ego, high-trust team invested in each others’ personal and professional growth. We’re constantly looking for opportunities to spread the value of design thinking across Quartet and improve on processes both inside and outside of the design team. With buy-in from the executive level, we’re looking to expand our research capability in 2021 in support of major product evolution and invention.
About the role:
Quartet is expanding the types of patients we serve and we need a skilled and experienced design researcher to ensure that the user perspective is strongly represented in our solution. We’re looking for a collaborative researcher who can own the full cycle of research activities for Quartet’s new population expansion vertical. You will work closely with the Product, Design, and Growth & Commercialization teams to conduct design research to help Quartet understand the full problem landscape by identifying key users, mapping their relationships, and developing a keen understanding of their needs and motivations. The space is ambiguous, so we need someone who can help the team and leadership determine the right research questions to ask and then develop a plan to get answers. We’ll also look to you to help keep the research findings and insights front of mind for the team, persuading decision makers at all levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings and guiding them to create effective solutions.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience conducting design research in the healthcare industry or complex enterprise setting, ideally within a Product organization
- Experience driving action as a result of research insights and helping organizations see the impact that research can have on products and services
- Ability to synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings.
- Demonstrated skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of qualitative and quantitative methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to invent new methods when the right user method does not exist
- A portfolio of past experience that demonstrates your process and highlights your skill in conducting and synthesizing various types of research as well as how the insights you uncovered impacted the design of products and services
- Master’s degree in human centered design, human computer interaction, anthropology, or similar
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, full medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements for mental healthcare, 401K, ESPP, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.