Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Operations
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is looking for a multifaceted Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations to lead marketing tech and ops initiatives across owned email and push channels! In this role, you will primarily be responsible for the evolution and execution of our customer engagement and retention platforms and support email development, comms deployment, lifecycle automation builds, and campaign operations.
As a Senior Growth Marketing Operations Manager, you will support lifecycle marketing strategies for email & CRM as well as related programs & channels including messaging, segmentation, optimization, push notifications, retargeting, promotion offers, & testing with an emphasis on operational excellence, process optimization and partnership building across the marketing and product orgs. This position plays an instrumental role in defining the strategic direction of our growth stack and marketing automation tools!
The ideal candidate has had hands-on experience owning end-to-end email campaigns within a consumer-facing e-commerce environment; is passionate about CRM innovation, and is adept at analyzing marketing campaign efficiency to influence personalization and custom segmentation into a meaningful platform roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Growth Marketing Platform Roadmap: Lead the vision, strategy, & results for Affirm’s CRM & Email Marketing program, encompassing marketing, transactional, and lifecycle programs supporting growth and retention across the business
- Email Operations: Lead team responsible for the development, deployment, and day-to-day operations of all customer-facing email and push marketing (both promotional and triggered campaigns)
- Team Leadership and Management: Mentor and grow an outstanding marketing operations group
- Campaign Management & Calendar Cadence: Maintain push and email calendar and work with marketing teams on incorporating CRM plans & programs
- QA Testing: Develop a meticulous testing strategy to continually optimize engagement by measuring and optimizing across all touchpoints
- Innovation: Drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our consumer and business engagement strategy
- Process Development & Implementation: Improve operational efficiencies and processes by partnering with other marketing functions to map, measure, identify gaps, and propose solutions for reduced execution time.
- Vendor Management & Partnerships: Work with technology vendors to run our martech stack and improve our operational capabilities
- Campaign Analysis & Reporting: Partner with analytics to analyze and report on channel engagement
- Partner Management: Coordinate with cross-functional partners to bring our creativity to life in owned channels optimally and collaboratively
- Engineering & Product Partnership: Work closely with product and engineering to test and improve our transactional and marketing notifications, and improve the efficiency of owned channels
What We Look For:
- 6+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing
- Expert knowledge of Journey building, A/B, and multivariate testing using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, ExactTarget, or a comparable ESP is required
- Deep knowledge of email standards, regulations, and international requirements such as SPF, CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR
- Outstanding understanding of all aspects of push marketing, CRM, deliverability & analytics
- Understanding of HTML coding, responsive email design, AMPscript or relevant scripting language, and email standard methodologies
- Dedicated attention to detail and process builder
- Positive relationship builder across both strategic, technical, and creative teams
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solve and deliver recommendations
- Proven track record in driving customer engagement and retention through lifecycle marketing automations and batch communications
- Ability to plan and execute projects cross-functionally and flexibility to adjust your approach when presented with new data or roadblocks
- Strong systems focus with the ability to think strategically and innovatively
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities