Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise
As the Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise at CircleCI, you will be an integral part of optimizing our content and GTM efforts that will enable our growing Revenue team to effectively sell and retain the use of CircleCI into enterprise & commercial organizations across our global regions. To be successful in this role, you will collaborate closely with Revenue, Marketing, Business Development, and Design teams to produce content that aligns our GTM messaging with our revenue streams. You’ll also lead the product messaging & positioning efforts of our hosting methods --- how CircleCI is used and implemented within organizations (cloud-hosted, on-premise, or a hybrid of the two).
This position is perfect for someone who is looking to grow their career in product marketing and work closely with customer-facing teams in a fast-growing start-up environment. This specific role also has the propensity to grow and potentially build a team around them to further support our teams’ growth trajectory.
About Product Marketing at CircleCI
As part of the Marketing team, Product Marketing owns the development and execution of our feature releases and go-to-market strategy, product positioning and value proposition development, buyer personas, customer insights, competitive analysis, and Revenue team enablement content and programs. We work in cross-functional teams, love to talk to customers, use data and user research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering quickly, measuring our results, and constantly refining our approach. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact across customer-facing touchpoints and is measurable and achievable.
What you'll do:
- Drive our enablement content programs
- Partner closely with the Enablement team on content development across our revenue pipeline; tie our value to personas in the various stages of the buying journey (writing samples required from previous roles)
- Map our Content team’s efforts into our Revenue assisted engagements across our buyer journeys
- Measure content efficacy across all internal and external use cases
- Support Technical/Commercial Trainers with development of content and job aides to be used by customer-facing teams in customer engagements
- Product messaging & positioning
- Develop messaging for each customer segment based on our customer maturation model as it pertains to their DevOps or digital transformation journey
- Position and align the best hosting method solution across our customer segments
- Use data and market analysis to aid and uncover proof points that support our messaging pillars and value propositions. Incorporate your findings into your content programs.
- Partner with our Account Based Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Content Marketing experts to effectively develop content programs across our sales & marketing funnels
- Support Revenue & Business Development channel growth
- Expand upon our GTM teams’ initial enablement efforts; take content beyond launch and create further awareness of our features and capabilities
- Partner with our Business Development team to develop and expand channel partner sales kits & related collateral
- Identify and drive vertical opportunities and elevate CircleCI features, data, and security programs within industry segments.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience in product marketing, sales enablement, or content marketing role.
- Sharp writing skills, excellent storyteller and communicator. Please be able to provide some writing samples.
- Experience in enterprise sales and marketing funnel growth and methodologies
- Ability to think creatively and strategically while willing to roll up your sleeves and execute on program delivery.
- Experience developing sales kits and supporting materials in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Experience in a B2B technology company (preferably in the DevOps space)
- Strong attention to detail and a capacity to set priorities and work within deadlines.
- Fast learner with the ability to explain and distill information of technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Passion for our mission, our technology, and our innovative approach
- Work out of the San Francisco or Denver office; some travel required
- Bonus points for:
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with the software developer community and ecosystem
- Graphic design and/or video production skills
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.