Sr. UX Designer
New York, NY
Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product + UX designer to join its Live team. Live streaming is changing the world and has become a center of focus for Vimeo, from self-serve live streaming to Enterprise use cases (such as company all hands, webinars, etc). The Live team at Vimeo sits on the forefront of visual company communications, and this role will play a major part of creating a world class live streaming experience.
The ideal candidate will have a bias for action, an understanding of video (either through live streaming or video on demand), will have deep empathy for users, and a deep understanding of complex interactions.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the design direction and process for the Live team, enabling collaboration among product, engineering, data, and marketing
- Advocate and champion for user research within the team, leading by example by working with our Consumer Insights team or conducting your own user interviews and online usability testing
- Directly engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and prior experiment results into informed design decisions and new ideas
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts and engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, learn and iterate
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Execute simple and beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX best practices
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you are detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, seeking and providing feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web and native product design work driven by quantitative and qualitative user research
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.